The Telugu Association of Calgary (TAC) was formed in 1995 by a small group of Telugu community members of Calgary for the benefit of the growing number of Telugu families in and around Calgary, AB, Canada with the following objectives & vision.
- Celebrate, Promote & Perpetuate the unique culture & identity of Telugu families living in Calgary & suburbs.
- Preserve the unique tradition & heritage of Telugu families by imparting these cultural values to the younger generation that are living & growing up far from their ancestral land.
- Provide a platform for the Telugu community to come together to network & celebrate the important festivals & events in Telugu calendar.
- Inculcate the great language & fine arts culture of Telugu homeland in youngsters by tapping the locally available talent and training the youth.
- Provide a platform for performing & showcasing of local Telugu talent.
- Act as an umbrella organization to support as a community the various initiatives of organizations or entities that promote Telugu language, arts, music, dance, culture, sports.
- Leverage the strength of the community and association to organize, publicize & fundraise.
Membership of the Association is open to all Telugu families living in Calgary & suburbs. The association strongly encourages all Telugu families including students, those who are here temporarily on work permits and residents that are otherwise busy, to register as members and contribute to TAC’s success. Visitors from Telugu homeland are welcome to attend TAC events as guests.
Sponsors and donations welcome!